6. If hanging a group of pictures of different sizes your best bet is to lay them down on the floor for the optimal arrangement. There no real rules here, but the arrangement should appear cohesive and balanced. You can also trace the arrangement on a large piece of paper and then hang the paper on the wall as your guide.
7. Try making art the inspiration point for a whole room’s color palette and material choices.
Take this bathroom for instance. It has a very tranquil feel to it and it doesn’t look like the art was an after thought but everything fits in just right.
8. If hanging art on a wall with busy wallpaper, make sure the art you choose has a simple pattern and/or lots of white.
9. Try to keep pictures in a room in the same style because art display in a room bring cohesiveness and a curated feel. As an example, mixing contemporary abstract paintings traditional and botanical prints would not be a good idea…
10. Placing art vertically can add the illusion of height to a room. Same with placing art horizontally: it add width to a room.