It’s funny how something as simple as white should be can cause so much stress. That is because white is not simple at all, and when choosing the right white for your home you should take in consideration the undertones.
My top five favorites are all Benjamin Moore simply because I really like their Advance line of paint for trim and cabinetry, in general.
1. White Dove OC-17 – It the one white I use a lot and it’s all around my house. I consider it to be the general donor of white paint as it goes with pretty much everything. It has a tiny bit of grey touch to it, but it is a really soft white. It looks crisp, but creamy paired with navy in this dining room we recently remodeled.
2. Simply White OC-117 – Benjamin Moore’s color of the year and for good reason: it’s the perfect soft white feels warm but not too creamy.
3. Cotton Balls OC-122 – It has more creaminess to it reminding me of fresh coffee cream, but it still reads white and it feels pretty clean.
4. Swiss coffee OC-45 – I have to admit the name was what attracted me the first time to this white. It is pretty similar to White Dove, but a bit more creamier. And how darling is this kitchen?
Design by Martha Angus; photo by Bruce DaMonte
5. Chantilly Lace OC-65 – It’s the whitest white in the bunch, the white against which you can compare the others. It is a great choice if you’re looking for crisp white and it looks great with marble like here:
|Perfectly Neutral White||Warm White||Crisp White|